Software for Rapid Creation of CAD Quality Die Faces
AutoForm-ProcessDesignerforCATIA combines expertise in sheet metal forming with the effective design functionalities of CATIA V5. The software allows for the company-wide standardization in process engineering and a significant reduction in time needed to create CAD quality die faces.
With AutoForm-ProcessDesignerforCATIA users can create the die layout, which includes not only deep drawing, but also all secondary operations, without having to leave the CATIA environment. This software is tailored to the needs of process designers.
The various sketches and construction elements used in CATIA V5 are assembled in a few very powerful features which allow for easy and rapid die face design. A comprehensible data structure simplifies the usage of these new features and improves the collaboration internally between different departments and externally between OEMs and suppliers. The created high quality surfaces are characterized by a significantly reduced number of control elements and the appropriate surface continuity. These high quality surfaces can immediately be used for further operations, such as over-crowning, compensation or CNC machining.
AutoForm-ProcessDesignerforCATIA is the result of an innovative, unique approach in process design and greatly facilitates daily work in tool design departments globally.
The main benefits of AutoForm-ProcessDesignerforCATIA are:
- Easy and rapid creation of high quality CAD surfaces
- New level of user-friendliness and speed
- Reusability and reproducibility of data
- Improved data exchange internally between different departments and externally between OEMs and suppliers
- Rapid creation of the die layout which includes deep drawing as well as all secondary operations
The main features of AutoForm-ProcessDesignerforCATIA are:
- Specially designed CATIA features for process designers
- Support of company-wide workflow standardization and data consistency
- Easy and accurate computation of developed flanges
- Drawbeads including ends can be easily created in various shapes
- Trim segmentation automatically takes over-cut into account
- Integrated in the CATIA environment and fully compatible with all CATIA V5 functions