AutoForm Training Seminars
Worldwide: Training Seminars
USA: Training Seminars
|Price:||$ 1000 US / Participant|
- May 22 - 23, 2017
- August 30 - 31, 2017
- November 9 - 10, 2017
The training introduces the fundamentals of hot forming simulation with the AutoForm-ThermoSolverplus. Hereby it is possible to realistically simulate hot forming and quenching processes. In these processes the phase transformation during quenching is taken into account. In addition, the innovative Tailored Tempering approach is supported. Typical part properties such as hardness and martensite distribution are evaluated and provided for crash analysis.
The following main topics are covered in detail:
- Basics: Typical press hardening process, material behavior at high temperatures, heat transfer between sheet and tool, phase transformation
- Definition of a hot forming simulation: e.g. determination of temperature dependent material properties, representation of pilots and supporting tools, definition of realistic press velocity profiles, scaling of tools
- Fully coupled thermo-mechanical simulations with phase dependent material properties
- Evaluation of a hot forming simulation: Determination of the heat distribution in the sheet, failure prediction, microstructure determination after quenching, e.g. martensite, evaluation of thermal distortion after cooling and Vickers hardness
- Tailored Tempering: Simulation of parts with graded proper
- Mapping of the final part properties (Vickers hardness) for crash analysis
- Blank and trim determination considering the thermal strain
The two-day training is intended for process layout engineers with basic knowledge of the simulation of “cold forming” with AutoForm (Base Training: Process Engineering I & II ), who are involved in the tool design for hot forming processes.
Training seminars are held at AutoForm’s offices in the USA, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Japan, Korea as well as in other countries. Please contact your local AutoForm office for further information. Upon request, the seminars can also be held at customer sites.