AutoForm Training Seminars
USA: Training Seminars 2013
|Price:||$ 2000 US / Participant|
- March 21 - 22, 2013
The training introduces the fundamentals of hot forming simulation with the AutoForm-ThermoSolver. Hereby it is possible to realistically simulate hot forming and quenching processes. In these processes the phase transformation during quenching is taken into account. In addition, the innovative Tailored Tempering approach is supported. Typical part properties such as hardness and martensite distribution are represented and provided for crash analyses.
The following main topics are covered in detail:
- Basics: Typical press hardening process, material behavior at high temperatures, heat transfer between sheet and tool, phase transformation
- Definition of a hot forming simulation: e.g. determination of temperature dependent material properties, representation of pilots
- Evaluation of a hot forming simulation: Determination of the heat distribution in the sheet, failure prediction, microstructure determination after quenching, e.g. martensite, evaluation of Vickers hardness
- Tailored Tempering: Simulation of parts with graded proper
- Mapping of the final part properties (Vickers hardness) particularly with regard to vehicle crash analysis
- Blank and trim determination with AutoForm-Trim considering the thermal strain
- Systematic analysis of the influence of different process parameters on the forming result, definition of a process window with AutoForm-Sigma
The two-day training is intended for process layout engineers with basic knowledge of the simulation of “cold forming” with AutoForm (Base Training: Process Engineering I & II ), who are involved in the tool design for hot forming processes.
Training seminars are held at AutoForm’s offices in the USA, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Japan and Korea. Upon request, the seminars can also be held at customer sites. Please contact your AutoForm team to schedule a session.