Solution for Planning & Bidding
Software Solution for Estimation of Tooling & Piece Costs Using CAD Part Data
The estimation of tooling and piece costs has traditionally been done with 2-dimensional sketches and worksheets. This approach requires the user to enter many fields of input data describing the part and/or the tool, and is time-consuming, cumbersome and subjective.
In today’s highly competitive industrial environment, it is vital to minimize production costs. The Solution for Planning & Bidding, with its innovative graphics-based approach, speeds up the cost estimation process with the automatic detection of part geometry features and an embedded costing engine for stamping operations. It allows users to determine a cost optimized manufacturing process – consistently, reliably and rapidly.
The Solution for Planning & Bidding is highly automated and easy to use for planners and cost estimators. It allows users to define a production sequence for a stamped part, to evaluate part manufacturability, to optimize material utilization and to determine tooling and piece costs.
The tooling and piece cost estimates are typically used for planning budgets, planning resources, generating quotes and evaluating quotes.
The Solution for Planning & Bidding provides the following benefits:
- Easy to use software for planners and estimators
- Produces more consistent, reliable and faster estimates of tooling and piece costs
- Enables evaluation of the effects of engineering revisions and part changes on costs
- Allows comparisons of supplier quotations and evaluation of external versus internal sourcing
The main features of the Solution for Planning & Bidding include:
- Full graphic-based 3D approach using CAD geometry – no cumbersome worksheets
- Automatic detection of part geometry features and determination of related production steps
- Intelligent costing engine for stamping operations
- Calibration of hourly rates, tooling material and stock part costs
This product may practice one or more of the following patents owned by or available to AutoForm Engineering GmbH, Switzerland: European patents 1290515, 1623287, 1665103, 1741012, 1903409, 2520992, US patents 7542889, 7623939, 7870792, 7885722, 7894929, 8155777, 8271118, 8280708, 8463583, 8478572, 8560103, 8768503, 9342070, 9429932 and JP patents 4633625, 4852420, 5102332, 5188803, 5499126. Other European, other US and other JP patents pending.