Software for Efficient Simulation of Hot Forming and Quenching Processes
AutoForm-ThermoSolver enables users to realistically simulate hot forming and quenching processes. These processes have recently become important for the automotive industry in order to meet specific requirements regarding a higher level of crash safety and a reduction of overall weight. Components with high strength, challenging geometrical complexity and minimized springback effects can thereby be engineered in shorter time and at lower cost.
AutoForm-ThermoSolver supports direct and indirect hot forming, which are both followed by the quenching process. This innovative software takes into account heat flux and phase transformation during quenching. In addition, AutoForm-ThermoSolver allows for the graphical display of the final part properties, such as thickness distribution and strain stress distribution as well as the final part properties which are characteristic of the hot forming and quenching processes, such as hardness distribution and martensite content distribution.
The software allows engineers better insight into the structural transformation of material as well as better control over it. The supported tailored tempering process allows for the engineering of stamped parts with targeted local strength properties. Based on the results of AutoForm-ThermoSolver, crash simulation accuracy can be improved by taking the real strength distribution of the hot-formed component into account.
With AutoForm-ThermoSolver, car manufacturers and suppliers can reliably design and engineer the processes of hot-stamped parts for their new vehicles, such as A- and B-pillars, tunnels, front and rear bumper beams, side rail members, door beams or roof rails.
The main benefits of AutoForm-ThermoSolver are:
- Enables realistic simulation of hot forming and quenching processes
- Allows for stamped parts with challenging geometrical complexity and minimized springback effects
- Allows the engineering of the stamped parts with targeted local strength properties
- Improves crash simulation accuracy
The main features of AutoForm-ThermoSolver are:
- Rapidly simulates direct and indirect hot forming processes
- Includes heat flux and phase transformation during quenching
- Supports innovative tailored tempering process
- Allows the graphical display of the final part properties, such as thickness distribution, strain-stress distribution, hardness distribution and martensite content distribution.