Software for Efficient Simulation of Hot Forming and Quenching Processes
AutoForm-ThermoSolverplus enables users to realistically simulate hot forming and quenching processes. These processes have recently become important for the automotive industry in order to meet specific requirements regarding a higher level of crash safety and a reduction of overall weight. Components with high strength, challenging geometrical complexity and minimized springback effects can thereby be engineered in shorter time and at lower cost.
AutoForm-ThermoSolverplus supports direct and indirect hot forming, which are both followed by the quenching and cooling processes. This innovative software takes into account phase transformation during quenching and thermal distortion after cooling. In addition, AutoForm-ThermoSolverplus allows for the graphical display of the final part properties, such as thickness distribution, strain-stress distribution as well as the distribution and percentage of different material phases, such as austenite, ferrite, pearlite, bainite and martensite, and the resulting hardness.
The software allows engineers better insight into the effects of phase transformation as well as better control over the resulting mechanical properties of the hot-formed part. Also, the tailored tempering process can be simulated, thus enabling the engineering of stamped parts with targeted local strength properties. Based on the results of AutoForm-ThermoSolverplus, crash simulation accuracy can be improved by taking the real strength distribution of the hot-formed component into account.
With AutoForm-ThermoSolverplus, car manufacturers and suppliers can reliably design and engineer the processes of hot-stamped parts for their new vehicles, such as A- and B-pillars, tunnels, front and rear bumper beams, side rail members, door beams or roof rails.
The main benefits of AutoForm-ThermoSolverplus are:
- Enables realistic simulation of hot forming and quenching processes
- Allows for stamped parts with challenging geometrical complexity and minimized springback effects
- Allows the engineering of the stamped parts with targeted local strength properties
- Improves crash simulation accuracy
The main features of AutoForm-ThermoSolverplus are:
- Rapidly simulates direct and indirect hot forming processes
- Allows for fully coupled thermo-mechanical simulations which take phase dependent material properties into account
- Includes phase transformation during quenching and thermal distortion after cooling
- Supports innovative tailored tempering process
- Allows the graphical display of the final part properties, such as thickness distribution, strain-stress distribution as well as the distribution and percentage of different material phases and the resulting hardness