Software for Sensitivity Analysis, Optimization and Robustness
The AutoForm-Sigmaplus software module is specialized for analyzing and improving the robustness of sheet metal products and processes. It serves to improve and validate the forming process, and to reduce or eliminate part rejects.
With AutoForm-Sigmaplus, products and processes can be designed so that the resulting manufacturing process is most efficient and stable while meeting desired quality targets. The influence and sensitivity of design parameters are easily analyzed which leads to improved process know-how and shorter development times. In addition, statistical process control techniques can already be applied in the design phase, taking into account the noise and variability that are inherent in the forming process. Therefore, sheet metal formers can address and solve key manufacturing problems much before going into production, with obvious advantages.
AutoForm-Sigmaplus provides the following benefits:
- Shorter development and tryout times -
because the forming process becomes more transparent and process know-how is improved
- More stable manufacturing processes during the entire production cycle -
through identification of the process window
- Less plant downtime, fewer tool adjustments and fewer part defects -
because of more robust manufacturing processes
- More robust manufacturing processes -
through quality and process capability analyses
AutoForm-Sigmaplus is fully integrated into the AutoForm work environment. Unique on the market, it automatically analyzes and displays the results (e.g. influence, sensitivity, process capability Cpk) directly on the parts – no time consuming investigations of abstract numbers and diagrams are needed any more. No other software offers this new methodology which can be used by die face designers and engineers, without requiring years of specialized expertise.
The main features of AutoForm-Sigmaplus are:
- Easy definition of design parameters
- Automatic start of multiple simulations
- Statistical techniques pre-defined and ready for user application
- Identification of dominant design parameters
- Determination of influence and sensitivity of design parameters
- Automated process optimization
- Determination of noise and variability of process parameters
- Integration of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and simulation
- Identification of process window
This product may practice one or more of the following patents owned by or available to AutoForm Engineering GmbH, Switzerland: European patents 1290515, 1623287, 1665103, 1741012, 2520992, US patents 7542889, 7623939, 7870792, 7885722, 7894929, 8155777, 8271118, 8280708, 8463583, 8478572, 8560103, 8768503 and JP patents 4633625, 4852420, 5102332, 5188803, 5499126. Other European, other US and other JP patents pending.