Software for Direct Integration of AutoForm Software in NX
The AutoForm-NX module directly integrates AutoForm software and AutoForm parameters into NX, making two programs associatively linked. User control of AutoForm and the management of simulation files are partially transferred to NX. This integration not only greatly improves the speed and efficiency of design and engineering cycles, but also improves the consistency of part data in NX and the consistency of process data in AutoForm.
Surfaces, curves and tipping information are transferred from AutoForm to NX, and the corresponding process layout is stored in the NX document. Similarly, surfaces, curves and tipping information are transferred from NX to AutoForm to update and store the part geometry and to provide process information.
AutoForm-NX provides the following benefits for users working with AutoForm and NX:
- The entire product development cycle is faster and more efficient
- Product and process data are automatically and instantly updated, and are therefore more accurate (no conversions or approximations of surface data)
- Data source errors are minimized since all users in a project share one CAD data file (no manual data transfer or manual data handling)
- AutoForm results are directly available to NX users, enabling simultaneous engineering projects
- Greater ease-of-use of AutoForm software in the NX environment