Software for Optimal Wear Protection
AutoForm-DieAdviser determines the optimal tool layout and efficient wear protection concept, based on AutoForm-Incrementalplus simulation results. The durability of tool materials, hardening and tool coating are defined taking the production quantity and press stroke rate into account. This innovative and unique software solution, offers new insights on how to improve tool layout early in the product development process and how to provide longer lasting and lower cost tooling. Using AutoForm-DieAdviser, the customers in the tool design and stamping fields can meet the modern challenges: introduction of new materials such as ultra-high-strength steels, requirements for higher press stroke rates and less lubricant consumption.
AutoForm-DieAdviser is a result of the successful collaboration between AutoForm and VST Keller GmbH & Co. KG. The combination of AutoForm’s expertise in sheet metal forming and VST Keller’s know-how on coatings and tool materials has resulted in an impressive list of immediate benefits for the customers in the fields of tool design and stamping.
AutoForm-DieAdviser provides the following benefits:
- Reduces tooling costs due to an efficient wear protection concept that can already be defined during the tooling and engineering phase – it eliminates later complex and expensive tool modifications during tryout or production
- Substantially improves production efficiency by minimizing rejects, press down time during production and tool maintenance, as well as by allowing for higher press stroke rates and less lubricant consumption
- Increases the performance and durability of the tool
- Ensures part quality
- Enables a low-cost tooling strategy already in part design phase for low production quantities
The main features of AutoForm-DieAdviser are:
- Fast determination of an optimal wear protection concept – within a few minutes!
- Precise identification of areas with intensive tool wear
- Comprehensive differentiation of sheet materials (galvanized / non-galvanized, stainless steel or aluminum) and type of parts (structural or outer) for the appropriate wear concept
- Powerful wear protection concepts that combine:
- Tool material
(cast iron, cast steel, cold steel, high-speed steel or special tool steel)
(flame, inductive, laser or full hardening or plasma nitriding)
- Tool coating
(hard chrome plating, pulse-plasma-diffusion, various PVD and CVD coatings or carbon coating)