Software for Rapid Production Sequence Definition with Sophisticated Tool Cost Calculation
AutoForm-CostCalculatorplus is a tool cost planning software designed for OEM planning departments and tooling suppliers. It enables rapid and transparent production sequence definition and the calculation of all tool costs associated with the production of automotive body parts.
It represents a completely new approach for calculating tool costs that starts with the part geometry. Each part detail which has an impact on tool costs is automatically associated with a production sequence. The tool cost can be calculated based on the defined production sequence with a single click, delivering a detailed and transparent cost structure. Process planners and cost calculators can systematically evaluate multiple alternative production concepts and rapidly identify a cost-optimized production process for the first time. The software’s impressive speed and ease-of-use significantly speed up tool cost calculation.
The unique cost structure is the ideal replacement for the conventional approach based on tedious Excel-based worksheets and manually created data in order to describe the sheet metal part. There is no longer a need for subjective judgments on cost calculation that result in a lack of transparency and poor result reproducibility. This powerful and innovative push-button solution for tool cost calculation enables process planners and cost calculators to quickly generate accurate, complete and reproducible planning data.
The main benefits of AutoForm-CostCalculatorplus are:
- Provides a unique, reliable and fully transparent cost structure
- Increases planning accuracy and efficiency through a significant reduction of possible planning errors that could result in excessive costs and critical time delays
- Significantly speeds up tool cost calculation due to software speed and ease-of-use
- Ensures the complete reproducibility of tool cost calculations
The main features of AutoForm-CostCalculatorplus are:
- Full graphic-based 3D approach using CAD geometry
- Intelligent production sequence definition based on automatic identification of part details
- Powerful push-button solution for tool cost calculation
- Turn-key solution with full customization of user data
This product may practice one or more of the following patents owned by or available to AutoForm Engineering GmbH, Switzerland: European patents 1290515, 1623287, 1665103, 1741012, US patents 7542889, 7623939, 7870792, 7885722, 7894929, 8155777, 8271118, 8280708 and JP patents 4633625, 4852420, 5102332, 5188803. Other European, other US and other JP patents pending.