Software for Geometry Compensation of Tool Based on Springback Results
AutoForm-Compensatorplus allows users to automatically modify tooling surfaces based on precise springback calculation. Engineers can easily define compensation regions, which the software automatically adjusts using the springback results. The compensated geometry is then used for rapid and accurate tooling validation.
The die faces are compensated in the opposite direction of springback. Either the entire tooling surface or selected regions may be modified. Different regions can be defined within the tool: direct, which is compensated directly; fixed, which remains unchanged; and fixed draft, which serves as a constrained compensation region for wiper flanges
and draw walls. Defining these different regions allows engineers to systematically control compensation.
The compensated tooling geometry is automatically used as input for the next simulation. Final part geometry within the required tolerances is achieved with a minimum of correction loops. The engineer’s work is therefore reduced to a minimum.
Springback compensation is carried out during the tool development phase to improve part and tool quality before the real tryout phase begins. This procedure results in improved planning reliability in die development, tool shop and tryout. The risk of later, costly changes to tooling or process is thereby minimized. The application of AutoForm-Compensatorplus substantially reduces time and cost in engineering and tryout.
The main benefits of AutoForm-Compensatorplus are:
- Substantially reduces time and cost in engineering and tryout
- Improves planning reliability in die development, tool shop and tryout
- Significantly reduces the number of correction loops
- Minimizes the risk of later costly changes to tooling or process due to springback effects
- Increases part and tool quality
The main features of AutoForm-Compensatorplus are:
- User-defined compensation regions –
either the entire tooling surface or selected regions may be modified
- Support for both free and clamped springback
- Automatic adjustment of tool geometry